I recently read an article from Forbes that was very insightful and that fit very nicely with our philosophies at KW Legacy Ranch. The Forbes article is entitled “7 Crippling Parenting Behaviors That Keep Children From Growing Into Leaders”.
In the article the author, Kathy Caprino, lists 7 things that parents do to hold their children back from thriving and becoming leaders. I found the article to be very interesting and definitely agree with the author’s premise.
So what are these 7 crippling behaviors that can reap havoc on our children?
- We don’t let our children experience risk
- We rescue too quickly
- We rave too easily
- We let guilt get in the way of leading well
- We don’t share our past mistakes
- We mistake intelligence, giftedness and influence for maturity
- We don’t practice what we preach
You can find the full article here. It’s definitely a worth-while read.